- On-line rights, free speech
- Campaign for
- initially sparked by the case of Dmitry Sklyarov ...
campaign for consumers' rights on the net.
Institute for First Amendment Studies, which fought the lies of the USA's
- some links from
fonss' homepage on XS4All in Holland, which the scientologists raided in an
attempt to suppress this page. For added mileage, here's an interesting quote extracted from one of those pages.
- of Privacy for the
21st Century: A Search for Solutions. May 9-11, 1996. Victoria, British
Columbia. Page hosted by cafe.net
- CFP '96
- Computers, Freedom
and Privacy '96. March 27-30, 1996. Cambridge, Mass. Sponsored by MIT, ACM
and WWW Consortium.
- Privacy International
- who, with
EPIC, are sponsoring a second conference on Advanced
Surveillance Technologies. September 16, 1996. Ottawa, Canada.
- the Electronic Privacy
- Other human rights and related organisations:
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development at the NLA in Oz.
- The Economic
Democracy Information Network
- French Nuclear
- care of Greenpeace.
- Real Ale
certainly ought to be a human right.
- Open Government
- in the UK ?
That'll be the day ...
- Professional institutions and job advert sites:
- League for Programming Freedom
- Computing Professionals for
- the Electronic Frontier Foundation,
with a rather diverse `other sites' entry.
- the Institute of Electrical
and Electronic Engineers, who are holding a Symposium on Security and Privacy, May
6-8, 1996. Oakland, CA.
- are rumoured to
have a jobs page, which might be reachable from the UIB home page: otherwise, try the Fysisk Institutt home page.
- Jobsite (UK)
- IT Jobs
- Web businesses
- Online shops and web-related businesses (stretching out
to include computer manufacturers):
- Organic Online
- New Age Graphics
- Web Review
- An Internet Book Shop
- in Oxford.
- an internet provider in the UK.
- the free
database management system.
- UK Online
- the much-patched successor to the NCSA web server, with hints
on running a high-performance web
server, among other
things. Apache is available in America (I think), Austria, Australia, Poland, and the Czech Republic.
- Sun Microsystems
- Silicon Graphics
- Sybase, Inc.
- and their list of distributors
around the world.
- Other Organisations
Cambridge University Science Fiction Society.
- the Juggling Information Service.
- in Cambridge and in
Sweden (på svenska), with an English translation.
- A page about SQL standards.
- Netsurfer Digest
- Global Network Navigator
- IBM Research
their Planetary Data System (PDS).
Maintained by Eddy.